Things I hope to get back to while I'm here...
1. Not dating. I am renouncing relationships period, embracing the sisterhood of eternal singleness and sparing myself the heart ache. Why have we done this to ourselves, created a superfluous cultural standard, forced everyone to live up to it, then make them feel like there's something wrong with them if they cannot? That's it. I'm done subscribing to this ridiculousness. Men suck. And not in a good way.
2. Writing. I'm like that horrible ungrateful 2am friend that calls only when I'm in need, of writing, and then forget all about it when everything's hunky dory out there in the real world. I'm despicable I know. Let's see if I can change that. Let's see if I can make men suck in a good way for a change, hehe. *headdesk* The problem is I'm getting a little sick of trying to Americanize my obviously not American English (at least in my head I can sense the difference very strongly), and maybe I just need to find genres and situations that allow me to write the way I want. Writing about American 30 somethings brought up in Texas and living in California is definitely not the right situation, for instance.
3. X-Men. It's always been my go-to comfort!fandom - at least that's one thing I've stayed true to. Hunters and Special Agents and Avengers will come and go, but my OTP is and always will be Logan/Scott. And I know there are hardly any takers left but that doesn't matter anymore.
4. Reading. I haven't kept up with any reading whatsoever - not books, not fanfiction, nothing. Tumblr is partly to blame - changed all my guilty pleasures from literal to visual. But no more. I'm getting back to the things that I used to do, things that made me happy and appreciate my own company before I tried morphing myself into a bloody Stepford Wife.
5. Friends! Anyone still around? I won't be surprised if not. LJ's been kinda slow right, and its natural for folks to get on with their respective lives. But if you're still here I'd love to catch up.
1. Loki - Anyone else on the Avengers bandwagon yet? I'm starting to fixate on Loki - you know me, its always the tortured younger brother that gets me heh.
2. Teen Wolf - this seems to me like the only good thing on TV these days. The writing isn't as tight as TVD but I love all the characters and the music. What say you?
3. Robin Hobb - someone had a 'yard sale' (is that what it's called when a tenant moves out out an apartment?) and I bought a dozen paperbacks for like 2 dollars - I'm starting to really like this sci-fi/fantasy genre.
Okay that's enough ranting for today. Hope everyone's doing well and having the best time of their lives, with more yet to come! :)